GTM (Google Tag Manager) is a free Google service that let you maintain all tracking related script like Google Analytics, Adwords Conversion, Facebook Pixel, Hotjar, Bing UET, Yahoo Gemini and more! Any tracking related stuff can be implemented inside Google Tag Manager container.
In this article, I’ll show you how to implement GTM in your WordPress site the right way.
Step by Step Implementation
1. Go to tagmanager.google.com
2. Login your existing account or Signup
3. After successfully login. Click the center Icon with text below “Click Here to Create an Account”
4. Next, there are two options you need to configure. Just fill up the Account Name usually it’s your company name. Select country and remain the check box unchecked.
5. On step two, add your domain name starts with www.domainname.com and select Web as container for a Website.
6. Next would Google Terms, just accept it.
7. After accepting the terms, there’s a modal window with detailed instructions on how to implement Google Tag Manager script.
8. There are two scripts that you need to implement to your website. The first one is for the <head> section, and the second script should be right after the <body> tag.
9. The next steps requires background in coding or CMS that you’re using. That’s why I created a tutorials on how to implement it on different types of CMS.