Last updated on June 6th, 2019 at 10:02 am
It’s Time to Retarget Your Audience the Smart Way!🧠
What if you could capture audiences with different layers of conditions—conditions to create the most engaged and valuable retargeting audience? An audience most likely to convert? You can!
Using RetargetingPX, a FB custom tracking events I created, captures vital user behaviors while browsing on your website. These events can be used to retarget users effectively and efficiently.
6 Behavioural Retargeting Options You Need To Improve Your Retargeting
Time On Page
Track user time on a single page.
– Time stamp when users navigate to another browser page or window
– By default, event triggers every five seconds to send the data to your pixel
– Reset if page is refreshed or user navigates to another page
This retargeting option cleans up uninterested audiences from your list and retargets only to people who spent more time on your content.
Time On Site
This is the total time a user spent on the site, regardless how many times they viewed pages. The higher the number, the longer they stayed on the site.
– Time stamp on user inactivity
– Time triggered on window.unload or exit
While Facebook offers Time on your site based on percentage, it doesn’t have option to retarget based on actual time that user spent on a site.
Track the total pageviews for a user session, e.g., a user viewed the landing page then the checkout page, for a total of two pageviews.
– Counts every page viewed 1+ times
– Saves tracked views for 12 hours; revisiting within 12 hours will continue the pageviewed counter before it reset
Imagine creating audiences based on how many times they viewed pages on your site. This makes your audiences incredibly valuable!
An event that tracks users’ unique visits. The revisit will +1 every time the same user returns to your site.
– Counts first unique visit, then each time the same user returns to your site
– Revisit dataset for 30 days
This is one of the metrics Facebook™ doesn’t have. Revisit is very useful to retarget your audience that knows you best.
Track and retarget users based on scroll depth, or how far they scroll from the top to bottom of the page. This is one of the most popular tracking options you’ll have available.
– Track 20, 50, 75, 90 percent scroll depth
This is another metric to separate your most-engaged audiences from the least.
Retarget users based on traffic SOURCE or UTM parameter value. This is especially helpful when you want to retarget based on specific campaigns, promotions, deals, or simply the source of the traffic, like google / organic.
To maximize the effectiveness of these targeting options, you can combine them together to create the best targeted audience for your campaign. This gives you an edge over your competitors.
I Still Recall When My Client Started Getting Results
More than the money, I really liked the feeling of being recognized for a job well done. It’s a feeling of fulfillment, of an achievement, that made me realize it’s the happiness felt when helping someone, not the money, that was important to me.
I introduced Adam (my client) to RetargetingPX for his retargeting campaigns, just to try for a week. After one week of testing, I got an exciting message about the results he was already getting.
He said “JOHN, you wouldn’t believe the results I got on my campaigns!”.
I asked him to screenshot the results of his campaign, and they were exceptional: A whopping 606.98% increase in ROAS 😱😱!!! That’s €7,772.94 in total revenue.
I’m not saying you will have the exact same results (But I hope you do! 🤞). The point is, Adam effectively increased his result using advanced RetargetingPX events. And you can improve yours, too!
How To Implement RetargetingPX
Worry free! I’ll implement it for you
Once you have the copy of the script. I will implement it on your website once. It’s less than 5 minutes to install.
You can use the script on multiple sites after purchase. I also created an easy, step-by-step guide on how to install the script to your site. This will help you implement it on your own on, on multiple sites.
- Time On Page – Track user time on single pages
- Time On Site – Track total time spent on the site regardless of how many times they viewed pages
- Pageviews – Track total pageviews of a user on a session
- Revisit – Track returning visits
- Scroll Depth – Track and retarget users based on scroll depth
- UTM Source – Track users based on traffic SOURCE/UTM parameter value
- Guide: How to Use RetargetingPX When Creating Audiences – check here
- Future Script Update – additional retargeting options.
- Use the script for unlimited websites.
RetargetingPX Script supports all types of website platforms, from custom sites to WordPress, Shopify,Joomla, Magento, Unbounce, Squarespace and all other 3rd-party platforms.
Google Tag Manager
See you on the inside,