Since WordPress is the most popular Website Platform (CMS) on the web. I’m going to include a guide on how to implement it on this platform.
I will teach you the easiest yet effective way to install it. But first you need to get your Facebook Pixel code. I wrote a step by step guide on How to get your Facebook Pixel Code.
Manually Install in header.php
I personally preferred to install it manually by inserting the code in header.php file. Just follow the step by step guide and you’re good to go.
- On WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance and click
- Under Theme Files section, find and click php
Most of the time header.php is available on every theme files. In case that the file is not visible on your end. Please use the second option to implement the pixel.
3. After clicking header.php, the code will show up on the file content area. Find the tag </head> and paste your facebook pixel code before this tag.
4. After successfully pasting the Facebook Pixel Code. Hit Update File and you’re done.
Implement Using Plugin
If by chance you can’t find header.php in Appearance > Editor. Here’s an alternative using 3rd party plugin named Insert Header and Footer
1. Go to Plugins >Add New > Add New
2. Search a plugin name Insert Header and Footer
3. Install the plugin and activate.
4. Once activated, go to Setting > Insert Header and Footer
5. Next, Paste your Facebook Pixel ID in Header Field.
6. Save your changes and you’re done.